Cable Technician at CAVO Communications in Little Chute, WI (Job ID 2022-5468)
$1000.00 Sign-on Bonus
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Do you enjoy working independently and outdoors? Then you may have found your next career move. We're looking for a Cable Technician to join our team at Prince Telecom and help connect America.
We provide paid training, a company vehicle, full benefits, and tuition assistance.
What you'll do…
- You will install, disconnect, reconnect, add, change, and troubleshoot cable TV, internet, telephone and/or alarm equipment in accordance with guidelines.
- You will use small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- You will ensure that service operates within prescribed parameters.
- You will attempt to identify and remedy sources of customer-perceived issues.
- You will drive a company vehicle between home/office, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner.
- You will clean, maintain, and stock vehicle and equipment in order to be repaired to perform required duties.
- You will complete paperwork accurately and report and record work order status updates.
- You will perform Customer service duties by:
- Greeting customers in the home while conducting a walk through;
- Reviewing all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement;
- Interact with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeated customer concerns;
- Educate the customer regarding product and service usage.
Who we are looking for…
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have a valid driver's license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience
- You are authorized to work in the United States for this company
- You have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You have experience with with working in tight spaces such as a crawl space or attic of a house
- You have experience in working through inclement weather
- You have experience with the demands of working in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- You have effective communication skills
- You are able to travel and work extended hours; overtime and weekends as needed
- You are able to lift, climb, and carry ladders with weight of up to 80lbs
Benefits and Company Summary
What you'll get…
- Company vehicle
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for select programs
Who we are...
Prince Telecom's commitment to deliver outstanding service that consistently exceeds customer expectations has grown the company to become one of the nation's largest fulfillment providers. With a national footprint and over 1,500 employees, Prince Telecom affords its customers a single source solution with the ability to deploy a well-equipped, professionally trained and experienced workforce capable of meeting needs anywhere in the United States. Prince Telecom offers a wide range of services that includes: residential and commercial installations, digital converter deployment, high speed modem installations, home security and automation, underground and aerial construction services and special projects such as MDU construction, drop rebuilds and audits.
At Prince Telecom we are proud of our installation technicians and operational support teams who meet our strict pre-employment and on-going safety and quality control criteria; we reward their outstanding performance with competitive pay, bonus programs, paid training, career development programs, safety certifications, paid time off and medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website