Cable Technician at CAVO Communications in NC (Job ID 2022-5434)
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Then you may have found your next career move. We're looking for a Cable Installation Technician to join our team and help connect America. Cable Installation Technicians are the face of our company. They are responsible for installing cable television, phone and internet for residential and business customers.
What you'll do…
- You will installs, disconnects, reconnects, adds, changes, and troubleshoots cable TV, internet, telephone and/or alarm equipment in accordance with guidelines
- You will use small hand tools, power tools, and test equipment.
- You will ensure that service operates within prescribed parameters
- You will attempt to identify and remedy sources of customer-perceived problems
- You will drive a company vehicle between home/office, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner
- You will clean, maintain, and stock vehicle and equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties
- You will complete paperwork and reports accurately, and record work order status updates
- You will greet customers in the home while conducting walk through
- You will reviews all requested services with the customer in order to ensure understanding and agreement
- You will interacts with customers in a professional, courteous manner including when responding to escalations and repeated customer concerns
- You will provide customer education regarding product and service usage
Who we are looking for…
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are authorized to work in the United States for this company
- You have a valid standard Driver's License with a minimum of 2 years driving experience
- You have an MVR record that is deemed acceptable by the company
- You are able to maintain a safe work environment
- You are able to work in all weather conditions
- You are able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 75 lbs as needed with or without assistance
- You are able to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
- You are able to carry a 28' ladder from truck to pole
- You are able to work in tight spaces such as a crawl space of a house
- You are able to work 3- feet above ground level and in enclosed space
- Due to safety reasons, maximum body weight restriction must not exceed 350 pounds.
Benefits and Company Summary
What you'll get…
- Company vehicle
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for select programs
Who we are...
CAVO's commitment to deliver outstanding service that consistently exceeds customer expectations has grown the company to become one of the nation's largest fulfillment providers. With a national footprint and over 1,500 employees, CAVO affords its customers a single source solution with the ability to deploy a well-equipped, professionally trained and experienced workforce capable of meeting needs anywhere in the United States. CAVO offers a wide range of services that includes: residential and commercial installations, digital converter deployment, high speed modem installations, home security and automation, underground and aerial construction services and special projects such as MDU construction, drop rebuilds and audits.
At CAVO Broadband Communications we are proud of our installation technicians and operational support teams who meet our strict pre-employment and on-going safety and quality control criteria; we reward their outstanding performance with competitive pay, bonus programs, paid training, career development programs, safety certifications, paid time off and medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories. Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions. If you need assistance accessing the career page or otherwise applying for a position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website