Drop Bury Technician at CAVO Communications in Kokomo, IN (Job ID bf86a267-3f26-470c-82e5-4112aed9450b)
*Hourly Pay PLUS Production. $1000 Sign on Bonus*
Laborer duties will include general labor duties related to telecommunications construction as directed by the Foreman/Supervisor.
- All phases of underground construction include but are not limited to: Loading, driving, delivery, digging, removal and placement of various types, sizes and weight of construction materials and equipment
- Hand dig using shovel, mechanical tools
- Install and maintenance of underground telecommunications cabling
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Operate or work around heavy equipment and machinery
- Working in congested or remote areas
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crewman and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Perform general construction work under direction of Foreman/Supervisor
- Flagging, property or worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures and policies
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Basic knowledge of and ability to operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of and ability to hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
- Class A Commercial Driver's License
- 6 months of experience in the utility construction industry
- Ability to read prints and interpret utility maps to identify the type and size of underground utilities
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
Apply on company website