Aerial/Underground Splicer Technician at Prince Telecom in Raleigh, NC (Job ID 2022-4540)
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Then you may have found your next career move. We're looking for a Fiber Splicer to join our team and help connect America. You will learn the duties as a fiber splicer as a part of the construction of telecommunications outside plant to ensure scope of work performed is within standards required by customer.
What you'll do…
- You will, with guidance, splice overhead, underground or submarine multiple conductor cables.
- You will, climb utility poles or towers, utilizes truck mounted lift-bucket or descends into underground vaults.
- You will cut sheath from installed cable to gain access to defective cable connections.as well as cuts and peels sheath and insulation from newly installed cable and conductors.
- You will Test (traces or phase out) each conductor to identify corresponding conductors in adjoining cables, using test lamp or bell system.
- You will read and interpret (i.e. mechanical, electrical, digital) drawings, maps, blueprints diagrams, etc.
Who we are looking for…
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are authorized to work in the United States for this company
- You have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- You have a valid standard driver's license with a minimum of 2 years driving experience
- You have the basic knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- You have the ability to communicate effectively.
- You have the ability to work over-time, after hours, on weekends, for emergencies, or on-call
- You can stand, crouch, sit, bend, balance, climb, crawl, lift, hold, or stoop while on shift
- You have experience working in adverse weather such as extreme heat, cold temperatures, wind, rain, snow, sleet, and dust
- You have experience driving on wet or icy roads and in the fog
- You are able to lift, climb, and carry weight of up to 80lbs
Benefits and Company Summary
What you'll get…
- Company vehicle
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for select program
Who we are...
Prince Telecom's commitment to deliver outstanding service that consistently exceeds customer expectations has grown the company to become one of the nation's largest fulfillment providers. With a national footprint and over 1,500 employees, Prince Telecom affords its customers a single source solution with the ability to deploy a well-equipped, professionally trained and experienced workforce capable of meeting needs anywhere in the United States. Prince Telecom offers a wide range of services that includes: residential and commercial installations, digital converter deployment, high speed modem installations, home security and automation, underground and aerial construction services and special projects such as MDU construction, drop rebuilds and audits.
At Prince Telecom we are proud of our installation technicians and operational support teams who meet our strict pre-employment and on-going safety and quality control criteria; we reward their outstanding performance with competitive pay, bonus programs, paid training, career development programs, safety certifications, paid time off and medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website