Construction Manager at Prince Telecom in Sumner, WA (Job ID 1fe93629-85a0-4052-b5a1-d1a0300f3868)
Prince Telecom, a national leader in the telecommunications field, is hiring for a Construction Manager out of Sumner, WA area. Responsible for supervising all construction operations in accordance with the customer and industry specifications.
- Supervise all operations to ensure that all construction operations are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications. This includes ensuring that all employees working on project are working safely and productively.
- Provide OJT training for employees working under your direction on construction practices and methods to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Act as liaison between Prince Telecom and our MSO.
- Train, supervise, discipline, evaluate field technicians, office support personnel, and warehouse functions.
- Ensure and maintain all MSO and company quality control and safety requirements.
- Identify performance issues and recommend and implement corrective action.
- Assign daily production to in-house and subcontract laborers and crews.
- Requisition, assign and track materials needed for the daily operations.
- Perform audits of construction operations to ensure work is being completed in compliance with project specifications and monitor safe work practices.
- Resolve complaints with property owners in areas where our personnel are working.
- Review daily production reports, material usage sheets, keep track of work hours, complete and maintain accurate "as-built maps" for areas built.
- Reconcile all issued parts and materials on a daily basis to ensure accurate material usage counts.
- Verify submitted Daily Production Reports for accuracy and approve recorded production for billing purposes.
- Possess a valid driver's license (class "C" minimum) or be eligible and willing to obtain the required license for the position (possibly class "B" - light commercial).
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Must be able to read construction maps.
- Able to perform the physical tasks required in this position for the entire assigned shift.
- Provide verifiable evidence of experience in CATV construction field and prior supervisory experience in construction or related field.
- Complete Weekly Report which summarizes all operational concerns i.e. converter.
- Standing - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Walking - 4 to 6 hours daily
- Climbing - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Bending/Twisting - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Pushing/Pulling - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Repetitive Motion (grasping, manipulation) - 0 to 2 hours daily
- Lifting (weights up to 100 lbs.) - rarely
- Lift & Carry (weights of 50 to 60 lbs.) – occasionally
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have 3 years management experience in underground and overhead construction.
- Must pass extensive background investigation, DMV background and drug screen.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website www.princetelecom.com.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
- High School degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
Apply on company website