Fiber Optic Field Supervisor at Prince Telecom in Des Moines, IA (Job ID 58fed09c-50c9-4100-a1fa-d851824ba1e1-DesMoinesIAUSA)
Prince Telecom, a national leader in the telecommunications field, is hiring for a Fiber Optic Field
Supervisor out of Des Moines, IA, area. Responsible for supervising all fiber optic construction and
installation operations in accordance with the customer and industry specifications.
- The Fiber Optic supervisor responsible for providing On-site coordination of fiber optic cabling
installation, modification, and splicing work performed by crew. This includes the physical
installation of cabling, overseeing the work of others.
- Surveying job sites to determine the best installation practices.
- Coordinating workflow within the unit, acting as company liaison, and providing on-the-job training
to other technicians as needed.
- Provide OJT training for employees working under your direction on
construction/installation practices and methods to ensure a safe and productive work
- Act as liaison between Prince Telecom and our MSO.
- Train, supervise, discipline, and evaluate field technicians.
- Ensure and maintain all MSO and company quality control and safety requirements.
- Identify performance issues and recommend and implement corrective action.
- Resolve complaints with property owners in areas where our personnel are
- Coordinate scheduling and ensure adequate staffing.
- Identify problem areas in the department and communicate problems and possible
solutions to the Project Manager.
- Develop procedures and implement them to better organize the team/department.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to the lead technicians.
- Establish, implement, and maintain operating standards and procedures for project
reporting and documentations.
- Perform quality control inspections and correct issues and complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year Fiber Optic construction/installation experience.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule.
- Must be a team player.
- Former supervisory experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass Background and Drug screening.
- Valid driver's license with minimum of 2 years driving experience and a good driving
- Ability to lift weight up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry and climb a 28' ladder from truck to pole and/or house.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Walking, sitting, kneeling & crouching.
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Stock Purchase Plan
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
Apply on company website