Fiber Optic Installation Supervisor at Prince Telecom in West Des Moines, IA (Job ID 2022-3685)
Prince Telecom LLC is a national leader in the telecommunication industry. We provide experienced and reliable customer service professionals to the nations leading telecommunications providers! Our services include installation of Fiber, cable, high-speed data, and phone service installation for both residential and commercial properties. We are looking for a Dynamic Leader to help us build this business in the West Des Moines, IA area.
A successful candidate for this position is able to work in a fast paced time sensitive environment. They handle multiple tasks and last-minute changes per the customer or corporate mandate. They are positive in the light of adversity and change while performing excellent customer service!
We are looking for exceptional customer experiences! Previous leadership experience in the Installation business is necessary.
- Supervise a team of employees.
- Coach, counsel, and evaluate performance of field staff.
- Coordinate scheduling and ensure adequate staffing.
- Identify problem areas in the department and communicate problems and possible solutions to the Project Manager.
- Develop procedures and implement them to better organize the team/department.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to the lead technicians.
- Assist in recruitment and training efforts.
- Establish, implement, and maintain operating standards and procedures for project reporting and documentations.
- Perform quality control inspections and correct issues and complaints.
- Perform various Cable Technician duties as needed, including but not limited to, carrying and climbing a ladder when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1 year cable installation experience.
- Perform mandatory job site inspections to ensure employee compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule.
- Must be a team player.
- Former supervisory experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass Background and Drug screening.
- Valid driver's license with minimum of 2 years driving experience and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Ability to carry a 28' ladder from truck to pole.
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as a crawl space or attic of a house.
- Ability to lift weight up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather conditions.
- Walking, sitting, kneeling & crouching.
Benefits and Company Summary
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Assistance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website