Fiber Optic Installation Technician at Prince Telecom in Salt Lake City, UT (Job ID 0ada8480-d450-410d-be81-7e1525cd9c9f)
Our Fiber Optic Installation Technicians/Cable Installation Technicians are the face of Prince Telecom. They are responsible for installing state of the art products to customers by exceeding customer's expectations! We connect the world today with tomorrow's technologies.
*** Minimum guaranteed pay of $18 an hour for the first 6 months or more based on individual production ***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Fiber Optic Installation Technician - Technical:
- Installation of new and existing fiber optic wiring per company guidelines.
- Install and configure all equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairing service lines during service calls.
- Installation of Telephone wiring.
- Set up and deliver high speed internet demonstrating quality connections.
Fiber Optic Installation Technician - Customer Service:
- Greet & treat customers with respect.
- Review all requested services with the customer.
- Interact with customers in a professional, courteous manner at all times.
- Provide customer product education.
- Clean work area upon completion of job.
- Ensure compliance of all wage and hour processes.
- Submit all work performed for billing purposes.
- Communicate with supervisor and dispatch regarding work status.
- Overhead lifting, climbing & Carrying ladders with a weight of minimum 25 lbs to 75 lbs.
- Working in confined space.
- Working in Inclement weather.
- Walking, climbing, kneeling, and crouching.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening.
- Valid driver's license with 2 years driving experience and a good driving record.
- Ability to lift a minimum 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in tight spaces such as a crawl space of a house.
- Due to safety reasons maximum body weight restriction must not exceed 350 pounds.
- Must be available to work from 7:00 am through the completion of all assigned work with the ability to work on weekends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive company vehicle between home/office, warehouse, and work sites in a safe and courteous manner.
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holiday
- Company Vehicle
- Cell phone
- Cable specific tools
- Fuel provided
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Stock Purchase Plan
A successful candidate for this position is able to work in a fast paced time sensitive environment. They handle multiple tasks and last-minute changes per the customer or corporate mandate. They are positive in the light of adversity and change while performing excellent customer service!
We are looking for exceptional customer experiences! Previous installation experience is not necessary, and aim to find future leaders within our organization!
***** If you'd like to learn more about our organization, please visit our website at princetelecom.com *****
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- High School degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
Apply on company website