Fiber Optic Underground/Aerial/Splicer Technician at Prince Telecom in Raleigh, NC (Job ID 19bb1834-4d67-4a29-bfc5-e34dc8813a88)
Prince Telecom, a national leader in the telecommunications field, is hiring for Fiber Optic Underground/Aerial/Splicer Technicians. We offer growth potential, PAID training and competitive benefits for qualified applicants.
Aerial Drop Duties:
- Survey pole routes.
- Make customer contact.
- Run 2 count flat fiber from NAP to House by required pole route.
- Install Span clamps, J hooks, and P hooks.
- Use wedge hangers to secure fiber.
- Install NID at the house.
- Record all tick marks and fiber reel numbers.
- Follow all KCPL safety requirements. Follow all OSHA safety and Prince Telecom safety requirements.
Underground Drop Duties:
- Surveying the customer's home and plan route for drop.
- Make customer contact. Check all locations to plan routes for drop.
- Check for sprinklers and dog fences or any other customer run utilities to plan routes for drop.
- Pull 2 count flat fiber and tone-able mule tape through conduit from NAP vault to customer's vault.
- Hand digging under the customer's vault to get fiber out of the vault to run to the house.
- Do sidewalk bores when applicable by digging on either side and running the machine with bore rods or drill and flex bit.
- Hand digging a foot deep at the house to bury sweep.
- Attach sweep to riser up to the NID. Install NID.
- Pull fiber through sweep and riser and coil up extra for splicer.
- Operating a Ditch Witch 410sx either using the machine or hand digging a trench from customer vault to the NID at a minimum of an 8" depth.
- Placing the fiber and tracer wire in the trench and filling the trench back up.
- Yard restoration/clean up.
- Record all tick marks and reel numbers. Follow all OSHA safety and Prince Telecom safety requirements.
- Ability to lift weight up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to carry a 28' ladder from truck to pole and/or house
- Working in all weather
- Walking & sitting/kneeling & crouching
- Paid Time-Off
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Company Stock Purchase Plan
*** If you'd like to learn more about our organization, please visit our website at princetelecom.com ***
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- High School degree or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Driver's License
Apply on company website