Flagger/Traffic Control at Prince Telecom in Wilkes Barre, PA (Job ID def9b255-711d-4992-bd47-33eb949680e5)
Construction Flagger - Under general supervision, this position performs tasks associated with the construction/upgrade of cable television or telephone systems. Safely and correctly direct multi-directional traffic with appropriate signage and general labor duties as required.
- Ability to safely and correctly direct multi-directional traffic with appropriate signage
- Ability to safely identify utilities in the trench/bore path
- Ability to restore and landscape disturbed areas of the jobsite
- Performs site set-up and clean-up
- Ability to clean vehicles, trailers, tools and equipment
- Ability to follow simple instructions
- Valid driver's license required; CDL preferred
- Must have an understanding of basic construction principles
- Must have ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to operate manual and mechanical equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Must be able to perform the above for at least 8 hours per day 5 days per week. May be required to work over-time; after hours; on weekends, for emergencies or on-call
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift.
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website