MDU Fiber Field Surveyor/Designer at Prince Telecom in Charlotte, NC (Job ID 2022-4707)
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference? Then you may have found your next career move. We're looking for a Multi-Dwelling Unit Fiber Field Surveyor/Designer to join our team and help connect America. Under the direction of a Designing Supervisor, our field surveyors/designers are responsible for responding to design/documentation demands and meeting response time and output goals. This is a remote position that does require some traveling.
We provide paid training, full benefits, and tuition assistance.
What you'll do…
- You will meet with property contact on-site to gather detailed site notes and photographs for each location
- You will perform post site survey verification questionnaire
- You will develop base mapping and provide field engineering services
- You will participate on project teams and ensure compliance with predetermined project deliverables
- You will adhere to administrative guidance on project execution
- You will identify and course correct project issues and risks, participate in response plans to resolve
- You will understand current and future business goals and ongoing issues
Who we are looking for…
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You will have good interpersonal skills
- You must have a valid driver's license
- You must have advanced training in the field
- You must have experience in Telecommunications/MDU/Commercial Engineering
- You will have solid experience with the principles and practices of fiber specific projects, network deployments and related fields
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- You have experience working in all weather conditions
Benefits and Company Summary
What you'll get…
- Company vehicle
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings w/ Company Match
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Discounts
- Legal Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for select program
Who we are...
Prince Telecom's commitment to deliver outstanding service that consistently exceeds customer expectations has grown the company to become one of the nation's largest fulfillment providers. With a national footprint and over 1,500 employees, Prince Telecom affords its customers a single source solution with the ability to deploy a well-equipped, professionally trained and experienced workforce capable of meeting needs anywhere in the United States. Prince Telecom offers a wide range of services that includes: residential and commercial installations, digital converter deployment, high speed modem installations, home security and automation, underground and aerial construction services and special projects such as MDU construction, drop rebuilds and audits.
At Prince Telecom we are proud of our installation technicians and operational support teams who meet our strict pre-employment and on-going safety and quality control criteria; we reward their outstanding performance with competitive pay, bonus programs, paid training, career development programs, safety certifications, paid time off and medical, dental, vision, life and 401(k).
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Apply on company website